Verdant Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

How To Screenshot

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vanir
Admin
Vanir

How To Screenshot Empty
PostSubject: How To Screenshot   How To Screenshot EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 3:58 pm

You have seen images around of the chat and are wondering, how in the heck did they get those?! Well, I will tell you! It's a cool way called "Screenshotting". What is screenshotting? It is a way for your computer to take a picture of your screen so you can show other people! There are different ways for different computers, so let me teach you the commands.

Windows users: You should see a print screen key that looks like this.

Surface Pro 3 users: You hold down the "Fn" key, the Windows key, and the space bar. Your screen should darken for a second as it is being taken.

Mac users: Press and hold these keys. Find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.

FOR WINDOWS USERS:

After you screenshot, open your paint program. To find this, go to your computer's search bar. For Windows 8 (and below) users, it will be when you click the start button (window) at the bottom. For Windows 10 users, it will be where it says "Ask me anything." From there, type "Paint" and click the first program that says "Paint".

Once you get the program up, right click and choose "Paste". You may also hold CTRL and press V OR at the top left hand side, click "paste".

From there, you should see the picture of your screen you took! After, you may crop it or save. Hit File > Save > Enter a file name > "Save".

FOR MAC USERS:

After you screenshot, click the magnifying glass icon in the upper-right corner of the menu bar or press Command and the spacebar simultaneously. Find your paint program, which should be "Paintbrush". Paste your image and save it.

CROPPING ON PAINT:

Go to the top left hand area. There should be Paste, Cut, Copy. Next to that should be Select, Crop, Resize, Rotate. Make sure you click "Crop". From there, drag your mouse over the area you want to crop and it will select it. Go back to that same corner and click "crop" again. It should crop your image to a specific part of the image.

I am not sure how to crop on Mac Paintbrush. If someone could let me know, that would be great.

When you save your image, you can upload it on the following sites:

www.imgur.com
www.photobucket.com
www.nickpic.host
www.ezimba.com <<< Be careful with this as your image will go away after 30 days.

You may copy the "direct link" to share your image with people!

I hope this helps!
Back to top Go down

How To Screenshot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Verdant Valley :: Official :: Member Assistance :: Resources-
Jump to: